Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Day 12 Admission Day 7 chemo

Hello dear friends and family(this includes co-workers and patients, dear to us also)

First I"ll tell you that Bob had a very, nice day. He had visits from his cousin Candy, and nephew and Godson, Sammy. Candy brought along some pizelles which Bob enjoyed with a glass of milk at 4 o'clock. My cousins John and Connie also ventured down and Bob enjoyed their company as well. My parents and I arrived at 2p, and we were all together for a time. It was a nice afternoon. Bob still has a WBC of 1.1 As expected his hgb was down to 7.7 this am and he received one unit of blood. He didn't "lap" until after he was transfused, but he was back up to 6, and Sammy kept his uncle company for the first set. After all the cuz's left I helped Bob get washed up, changed his sheets(cuz we're using sheets from home....HUPs' look like some poor soul beats them w/ rocks down at the edge of the river which I cannot spell), and he rested for a bit. Than he had his cookies and milk, ate supper an hour later, and than it was time for my parents and I to leave. A bit of a whirlwind visit, but a good one. I'll be going down tomorow w/ our friend Deb T. who may or may not be admitted for another phase of her chemo....though it sounds like probably not. But she does have an appt. to see her hem/onc and will be down for several hours, so I will hitch a ride w/ her and her hubby, Joe. Bob also wanted to thank everyone else who has visited, sent cards and gifts and called and last but not least...all the bloggers. He's really getting into the posts and looks forward to them each day.

Now, I just wanted to post some specific instructions about leaving a note, b/c several people have related that they are having trouble.

1.) Directly under my posting click on the word comment. Do not click on the little envelope...that is used to e-mail the post only.

2.)Write your message in the box under Leave your comment, making sure to sign your name.

3.)Select the anonymous button(this saves you from having to enter a username and password)

4.)Click on the login and publish option. A message should come up that your comment has been accepted and will be posted shortly. If there is not a message that says Comment published or comment saved, than your message didn't go through.

5.) Do not click onto the option that says No blogger account-sign here. That lets you set up your own blog. I know b/c I did that the first time I ever blogged on Debs' site. It wasn't until I was told to choose a template, that I realized I didn't want to be where I was.

Hope that helps. It's really not difficult. If you can e-mail, you can blog.

I'll close here. Hope everyone had a good weekend. We send our love and thanks to all. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. We appreciate all the support.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

9 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

So glad to hear you had another good day. Mo, you're doing a great job with the postings. Bob, keep up those laps and healthy appetite. Attitude is everything, I'm really happy to hear you both are faring well. You remain in our thoughts and prayers...lots of love to you both!

April 09, 2006 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Robert, Can't sleep so i thought I'd check on you. You are doing so well Bob. Thank you God!! sounds like a great day. Lots of visitors. Definitely food for the soul as well as pizelles. mo you are geyying so good at this computer business. I am very impressed as i cannot even correct my mistakes. the blog is really great. i look forward to see how Bob's day went without having to bother you every nite for a report. Who invented this? Well Bob you have put me to complete shame with those darn laps. You make me look bad. AND you like the food.Whats a girl to do? I guess i will bring my sneakers and join you for a few laps. Probobly my only laps.Well hope you are sleeping like a baby in your comfy sheets from home knowing were all with you all the time. see you in the Am. Love Debbie

April 10, 2006 1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is 6:45 am Cayman time and we are getting ready to go diving. We do that on vacation, it is earlier than work. Now that's nuts even for me! Sounds like you had a good day. Have you seen Bubba whatever that Sam brought down? I didn't even know what it was, good luck. Glad to hear you feel well enough for the laps. Keep going and doing so well. Love

April 10, 2006 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dr. Bob,

Glad to hear that you are making the most of things. Shoot, all clinical things aside, things sound cozy as can be. I am wondering if Connie has made it down for her promise of private duty?? Please know that you are always the object of good intentions [that's new age-ish isn't it?]. I do find it interesting that the content of the blogs are so different than Debs. For example, mdf hasn't told you once yet about her 'bisseling' habits. Being you are a guy, I almost was gonna mention the Masters Tournament, which I know nothing about other than Mickelson won again. I never talked sports to Deb on the blog. Shoot, I am noticing that you don't even have a designated cocktail yet. I think that is a big key to success here. Lord knows we blogged ad infinitum about cosmos with deb and it was realized. over and over. While I know that you are not a cosmo guy, or even an avid swiller, I think you have fight, for your right, to ...name that libation. xo kmm

April 10, 2006 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob and Mo. for some reason when i hear Debbie(who still asks a million questions, and then answers them for herself) anyway,, between Debbie and Bob i feel like Debbie is a convict out on parole, who is "checking in " with her parole officer, and Bob is in the "joint"now. having visits from an ex-con Debbie.. maybe i've been watching Prison Break too much lately.. anyways, so glad that Bob still has an appetite and is feeling up to doing those laps!! Has the chemo affected his well known mustache yet?? are you getting any signs of a mole? Mo, you are doing a great job of keeping us all informed , keep up the good work, all of you.. how much longer does Bob need the chemo for,, do they know?? love to all of you.. mdf

April 10, 2006 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob and MO,
It was great visiting with you both on Sunday. Don't forget the molasses too - 2 tablespoons a day.
Bob - you look maaarvelous!!! Your nephew Sammy had so much to tell you on Sunday - he was excited to see you.
Mo, please continue to keep us posted on Bob's progress.
If you need anything , let me know. candy

April 10, 2006 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robert,
I never blogged before, though I have been accused of a lot of similar sounding human atrocities.
Just want to check in, let you know how much you are missed, by me and about three million of your favorite ninety five year old friends.
Dora sends her best as always,and don't forget your medicine.

April 10, 2006 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bob:
Just thouhgt that I wold try and send you a little note to let you know how we were doing.
Eva is now going to Adult day care and I was told that we are going to get funding for her. At least 10 days a month, a BIG help for me.She is doing Okay she gives me a hard time sometimes to get her to go, but when she is in there she is fine.And yes she is holding her own. She doesn't seem to be getting much worse for now anyway.
It was sure good to see you in the office a few weeks ago. And what a big surprise to us both.
We are praying for you and hope that you can come back and take care of us.
Well you take care and don't give up and we will keep you in our prayers.
Mike and Eva Linko

August 13, 2006 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your drbobsadventure.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

January 26, 2013 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home