Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Birthday Blog

Considering where we spent it, Bobs' birthday turned out to be very nice indeed. Meg and I got down early afternoon,(after a 100 minute ride on the Schuylkil). We decided to take along the pound cake and cannolis today, and Bob took your advice Kim, and tasted both. We gave half of the cake to the nurses, and he still has cannolis in the frig. Bob had a relaxing day...the poor guy desrved it after the week he's had. Worked on some crosswords and sudokus. Had a nice visit with his sister Santa and her husband Sam. (I hope Santa won't mind but I've had more than one person ask me about her name. It is pronounced Sahn-ta, and of course is Italian for saint, and if you ever met Sam you'd know how appropriate that is. JK, Sam. Her full name, btw, is Santa Clara,and I'm sure she is cringing while reading this, and now fully embarrassed). So, back to Bob...We even managed to get him to do some laps today....only 2 though, and than he complained of knee pain. He ate well today...finally had all 3 meals in one day!!!! Meg and I grabbed some dinner in the cafeteria, and didn't find it too bad at all.

We don't know too much more today about the chemo situation. An infectious disease md was in to see Bob today, but no one is committing to a decision yet, b/c the CT scan wasn't yet read by a radiologist. There is a conference planned for Mon. morning w/ ID, the oral surgeons and hem/onc. and us. But he's been on IV abx. and has not had any fevers. When I left this evening he was just getting ready to nap. So like I said, a pretty good b-day for our guy.

Please keep the good thoughts and well-wishes coming. And as always, please remember us in your prayers. Thank you for the blogs and e-mails, and b-day wishes. I wish I could respond to each individually, but I know you understand that's just not feasible. Oh, I do have to shout out however to all Bobs' compadres at Tri-Valley. I took the biggest bunch of cards to Bob. I think everyone who works there sent one or more cards, and Bob just loved them. He actually reads them, you know, and was very touched by it. He'd show a card to Meg, and tell her about the person who sent it. I think it really went a long way to cheer him up, so thank you all so much.

We send our love and thanks to all,
Bob and Mo

5 Comments:

Blogger mo said...

Hi everyone,

It's Mo here on the comment page, b/c some people have told me they've been having trouble writing. Sooooo, this is a test. There's a blog on the way for today(Sunday), once I get this sorted out.

April 02, 2006 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, mine went right on, so if anyone is having trouble, e-mail me please to let me know. I'm going to blog this under anonymous, to see if that works. It's mo again. My e-mail is.....mobobmaz@msn.com

April 02, 2006 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dr. Bob, I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling a little better and doin those laps (over-rated if you ask me). But the lap nazi is very proud of you. Sounds like the cake and cannoli were delicious , just what the dr. ordered. I am sending you all good vibes for great news on Mondays conference. I will be waiting to here from Mo. We love you and are here for anything you may need.
love Joe and Deb

April 02, 2006 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God..I actually did this myself ..without Joe's help...does this mean I'm now in the 21st century??? Now he's here looking over my shoulder laughing and wishing Bob Happy Birthday and good luck with all that's on the way...ditto for me !!WE dedicated todays mass to you Bob, and we all prayed the roasary for your complete recovery (Mich,Jen Millie and ME)..it was a beautiful day and we sat on the patio and prayed. I think I would rather have been with you eating cannolis and cake..not really..well,both..Bob I guess I am a glutton for punishment...Smullen is taking out my tonsils and doing a uvulaplasty(for any FOB'S that need anatomy coaching..that's up above not down below....you know the little thing that hangs down from the back of your throat?!) Hopefully I won't bleed out like I did when I had the original at age 5...with any luck I'll be blogging away at this time tomorrow..until then my dear good nite and good luck..(shades of E. R. M....)just realized my closing is not as original as I'd have liked..I'll try again next time meanwhile get rest ,stay positive ,you are in our prayers and thought's every day..much love:)Bev, Joe and the whole gang( Will&Jen,Dan&Mich,Millie)

April 02, 2006 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way Dr. Bob ..Happy Birthday baby and many ,many more..forgot that little bit of fluff in my last blog!!Take care..I know the Lap Nazi is out there bugging you,but let that knee of yours get some down time..pain is not a good thing and it is NOT conducive to getting better fast...please believe me ...Take it easy..roll your ankles around a few times and call it exercise..O.K. the lecture is over sleep tightxxxooo:)Bev

April 02, 2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home