Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday, 3/28/06 Admission Eve

Hi all,

Well, I think we've gotten all our ducks lined up finally. Bob finished up his To Do list this afternoon, and I think he is pooped. He's watching A Dark Kingdom on the sci-fi channel right now,which is right up his alley. We had "comfort food" for dinner tonight. Bob requested meat loaf, broccoli and baked potato w/ sour cream and chives. Our niece Megan joined us and pitched in w/ the clean-up, than was treated to a discourse on Wagners' Ring of the Nibelungen with special emphasis on the Gotterdammerung. It seems this sci-fi program is based on that story. What a renaissance man I am married to. He certainly has a lot of info stored in that brain of his. And we just got a phone call from our granddaughter Rhane, who told GrandBob she is sick too, and has missed school because of the flu. I hear Bob speaking with Matt now, so it seems we have heard from everyone now.

Bobs' bag is packed...we don't need the pack mule after all. Gonna try to keep things to a minimum, remembering how "stuff" just seemed to accumulate in Debs' room over her lengthy stay. We plan on leaving at 8am tomorrow, as we will be right in the middle of rush hour. I'm not sure how long of a day it will be for me tomorrow. I will try to post every day, but I may write in the mornings if I'm bushed at night. But I will keep you all up to date.

Well, nothing left to say, except please keep the prayers and good thoughts going, and thank you again for all your love and well-wishes. I have a feeling they will go a long way in sustaining us, on what I hope will be, a very short adventure.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo and Bob,
Will be thinking of you both tomorrow as you begin this stage of your journey. I am also proud and impressed with your newfound computer skills Mo(show-off).
My offers stand Mo, as long as it takes! Bob, to you I would also like to offer my very rusty nursing skills if needed...it's like riding a bike, right?
Love and prayers for you both, Kim

March 28, 2006 9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob and Mo,
God speed tomorrow morning....you are not taking the ride alone, as we all are with you.
Family and friends are storming the heavens for you both during this "speed bump".
Love,
Anne

March 28, 2006 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Mazzola - you go down there an' give 'em h***!

Great job on the site, Mo!

I've been praying for you guys, but I'll step it up a notch this week. God speed your recovery.

Love, Mussie

March 29, 2006 1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo and Bob I hope there wasn't to much traffic during that rush hour! Good luck with this difficult time. You will both be in my thoughts and I will be praying for the best!Kate Seward

March 29, 2006 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mo and Bob,

God speed today. Hope that all goes smoothly. Prayers have been stepped up a notch. I have the whole family praying for you both. They have heard your names many times and know that you both are special.
Love and prayers,
jean

March 29, 2006 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's do one day at a time. And know that each day there are thousands of thoughts of & prayers for you. They may seem quiet & not even there, but that's what makes miracles. We're all here for you. Love, Lee Williamson

March 29, 2006 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen - this is Jane and John Held, Anne's sister and brother-in-law. I just wanted to let you know that you and Bob are certainly in our prayers every day. I cannot believe that you were able to put this "blog" page together - I am truly impressed, since I am a computer know-nothing. Please let Bob know we are thinking of him and will keep him on the top of our prayer list. But remember, Maureen, to "take care of the caregiver" - that's very important. Take care of yourself and God bless. Jane

March 29, 2006 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Guys.. i wrote on the wrong day(starting off right?) .. anyway,, hope your day went well without complications.. thinking of you guys.. mdf

March 29, 2006 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mo! Bob loves the sci-fi thing. Me too. If you need a sci-fi fan to baby sit (please Bob take no offense), call me. Don't know it all but like it none the less. Especially a good Trek fest. Love to you both and hugs too. Jax and Con

March 29, 2006 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bob - enjoy the steroid high. It must be wonderful. Maybe someone can bring you a copy of Dr. Strangelove to watch while you are tripping - it would be even funnier if that is possible. Only we former Air Force types can fully relate to that. I am following the blog with great interest and hope.



charlie

April 04, 2006 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home