Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Day 5

Hi all,

This will be short and sweet. Bob had another uneventful day. Spent the better part of the afternoon visiting w/ the "in-laws", my parents, brother Tom, sister-in-law Anna, and nieces Meg and Kate. He had his 3 squares again, although supper time was looking a little dodgy when the kitchen aid bypassed Bobs' room. For some reason the HUP computer insists on listing Bob as NPO(nothing by mouth), despite 4 different nurses changing it repeatedly. His nurse today, Colleen, quickly snagged a tray for him and grumbling was averted, in more ways than one. Today we all shared in the 2nd b-day cake...Italian rum, which turned out to be the favorite. Bob did more laps around the nurses station and is up to 3 at a time now. He seems to be getting more comfortable with the place and more of the staff. The nurses, aides, and techs are all as friendly and sweet as can be. I still haven't met the ID md., but all the other attendings, residents and interns we have met since Wed. seem extremely knowledgeable, forthright, and compassionate.

I am planning on an early arrival tomorrow so we can "confer" w/ the docs. as they come to a decision about the chemotherapy. And if the oral surgeons decide Bob needs any further treatment of his gum problem, he is hoping it will be done tomorrow afternoon. I will of course be back tomorrow..."same bat time, same bat channel". Does anybody remember that? I'm dating myself I think.

Bob wanted to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes, and sends his love to all, as do I. Keep us in your prayers.

Love,
Mo

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Doctor, that we missed your birthday. So here is a (belated)birthday joke for you. Why did the cowboy (cowboys are IN these days!) buy a dachshound? Because... he was told to get a long little doggie. Okay, so it isn't rocket science here. Just wanted to cheer you up on your birthday. So hippo-birdies-two ewes! It doesn't get any better than this. We love you!! Hugs and kisses to both you and Mo!!!! Jax and Con.

April 02, 2006 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again ...Mo look back and find a couple of blogs you can print for Bob..I don't know what happened to them ...but I think they are on a Different day ..here I thought I was so smart...anyway about the food debacle..I was in having my hip done and the same thing happened to me...no matter what the nurses put in the computer I got one dead turkey sandwich(dry tky, dry stale roll) no condiments,tea,and mushy canned mandarin oranges...where was I in China??? for five days the same thing ..thank God for take out is all I can say..needless to say ..one can tolerate anything when taking large doses of mind altering drugs, so I just imagined veal parm ahhh!! xxoo love again:)Bev

April 02, 2006 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again ...Mo look back and find a couple of blogs you can print for Bob..I don't know what happened to them ...but I think they are on a Different day ..here I thought I was so smart...anyway about the food debacle..I was in having my hip done and the same thing happened to me...no matter what the nurses put in the computer I got one dead turkey sandwich(dry tky, dry stale roll) no condiments,tea,and mushy canned mandarin oranges...where was I in China??? for five days the same thing ..thank God for take out is all I can say..needless to say ..one can tolerate anything when taking large doses of mind altering drugs, so I just imagined veal parm ahhh!! xxoo love again:)Bev

April 02, 2006 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are probably better off that the scan was not read over the weekend. I have heard nasty roomers about things being read over the weekend and over night in India! If it is delayed it must be local. Thanks for the phonetic guidance, that is quite nice. Have a better day today.

April 03, 2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Happy Birthday Doctor Bob! Sorry we've been a little behind on blogging but I have been getting updates on your visit through my mom. Reen, we're so proud you're maintaining this blog. Way to go for getting it set up! Just wanted to send you both our love and let you know you're always in our thoughts and prayers.

April 03, 2006 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bob this is a test to be sure it is on track joe & stella

April 09, 2006 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOB blog seems like a great way to keep in touch. At this stage,I am not sure I am gettng thru and when we are on we hope to help keep you in touch with us . In the meantime, not a day goes by that we don't think of you, on our prayer line. We feel confident. joe & stella

April 09, 2006 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home