Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hi from Bob

Hello eveyone,

Mo is typing as I dictate. I'm doing my second round of chemotherapy with a positive response on my counts. I'm still having"morning sickness" from the drug, but Mo is keeping me fed.[Mo says Bobs eating 2 good meals a day now, and doesn't appear as distressed from the nausea this time around. He has however lost 7 pounds since he started in Dec.]

At the end of Jan. I'll have another bone marrow biopsy and if I'm back in remission I'll be back in the stem-cell transplant program. Dr. Luger was pleased with the fact of my counts coming up so quickly. Normally they don't do the biopsy til' after the 3rd or 4th round of chemo. Mo says platelet count was up to 50,000, hgb. was over 12 and white count was up to 4.5, so we did get out to break fast twice between treatments. Now though I'm back in isolation as the counts are probably dropping again.

I'm keeping busy reading or playing the computer(still WOW), and usually take a long nap during the afternoon, especially this week when I have to be up early for the chemo.

Thank you to everyone for all your prayers, best-wishes and gifts. Mo and I appreciate all your thoughtfulness. And a belated Happy New Year to you all.Here's hoping for a healthier 2007 for us all.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Dr. Bob as excited for the 'WOW expansion' as Kenny is? I dont even know what that means...but I keep hearing about how awesome it will be. . . haha. good to know they never grow up ;)

Glad to hear from you guys!
All our love,
Sarah and the Booths =)

January 10, 2007 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like good news.. keep up the good counts and responses! My son used to play warcraft (when he was in jr high i think) , now they all seem to like a very violent game..gears of war on xbox.. but you need to do whatever you can to keep the boredom away, so, play on, but make sure you do get your rest..
.... the prayers continue... mdf

January 12, 2007 1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Glad to hear things are going better. I think of you often and try to send good vibes your way. I wanted to let you know my Mom had a stroke last week. It affected her speech but it has come back. They kicked her out of the hospital because you know Mary Elizabeth, she was up walking and taking off her oxygen, heart monitor and ID bracelets! She's one tough cookie..just like you. I think that's why the two of you liked each other so much. We are looking for Assisted Care for her. She really can't be alone anymore. Everytime someone asked her who her Dr. was she said DR. Mazzola. You know you are in my prayers. Keep those counts up! Love, Donna Dawson

January 14, 2007 11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mo and Bob,
Two rounds down Dr. Bob and you seem to be doing ok. Thank God !!1 I will be praying that the next BMBx. has good results and you can go from there to transplant. It was good to see you briefly the other day. You look well despite the nausea and fatigue. I'm glad you stay busy on the computer.Well hunker down this week while your counts are low. Now it really is too cold to go outside anyway. We are here if you need anything. We love you both... Deb and Joe

January 20, 2007 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dr. Mazzola,,, did you hunker down? don't hear that expression too much do you? i do hope you are feeling well, i continue to say prayers for you to get better and out of there soon with everything in order! going to san diego this weekend,, so will check when i get back to see if there is any new news.. take care.. mdf

January 23, 2007 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,to repeat myself,not a day goes by that we don,t say a prayerm for you.We visit Ann & Jim Folkes at least once a month or so and of course your name comes up and all the good ,care you gave us for so many years. Ann has her problems but as you can guess she manages with Jim taking care of her. These are the times when our spouces step up to the plate. Keep up your spirit as you alwaws have. love Joe % Stella Kraynak

January 26, 2007 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, never told you how much fun san diego was.. and i think patrick really liked the campus.. the weather was beautiful here the last week.. had windows and doors open, but started to rain today and will continue for awhile..
I am hoping no news is good news and i continue to pray for everything to go well with you.. mdf

February 07, 2007 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home