Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Twas the night before Christmas.....I'm finding it hard to believe. We just wanted to wish everyone Joyous and Peaceful Holy Days, whatever your religious affiliations.
We are "keeping Christmas" this year, but in a much calmer and quieter manner than our usual. Bob is still "settling his brain for a long winters' nap". i.e. he is still sleeping. For some reason he seems to get his soundest sleep from dawn til 11am or so. He's still having trouble w/ the darned nausea, despite the meds. He's still eating light and I think at times the nausea is actually due to hunger. In fact this morning he was downstairs at 6am eating cereal,"to stave off the nausea" as he put it. His counts are holding, and he hasn't needed any blood or platelets since last time I wrote. His white count keeps dropping down however and is now at 2.0, so we're being more diligent about our germ warfare. Bob has an appt. this coming Friday w/ Dr. Zipin in Chalfont, and on Jan. 2nd he sees Dr. Luger at Penn. I'm not sure whether he will have the repeat bone marrow at that time. It may be too soon at that point, but I will let you know.

We both wanted to thank everyone for all the beautiful Christmas cards we've received. I especially love the baby and family photos. I'm amazed every year at how quickly our kids grow up. As I wrote last time, I did manage to get some cards out, but mostly to family, so please forgive me for not reciprocating to you all this year. I don't want to single people out, but there are groups who have been such a wonderful support...our co-workers at Tri-Valley and Montgomery Surgi-Center....all our "old" co-workers at North Penn(sorry CMMC, but you'll always be North Penn to me)...all the "old" LMG docs. and staff....ALL Bobs' patients who have sent cards, made meals and blogged...of course our "inner circle"(as Deb T. calls it) of close friends...and last but not least our families. We would not have made it through this trying time w/o you all lifting us up along the way. We love and cherish you all.

Merry Christmas
All our love,
Bob and Mo

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. And a very merry christmas to you two also i am hoping a wishing you two a very happy , healthy new year..talk with you soon..hope the nausea goes away for you today dr. mazz.. love,,mdf

December 25, 2006 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bob and Mo,

I send love and wishes for a New Year that shines over the rest. I know the holidays were quiet this year. That is not always a bad thing. Rest and take care.
Love,
jean

January 02, 2007 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doc & Mo
We wish you and yours a Happey New Year and health, happiness and Gods speed in this new year. We hope you and Mo enjoy the goodies from Dots in Ocean City Nj.
I hope I did not wake Mo up!
If I did sorry about that.We
hope all goes well at the Doctors today for you.

January 02, 2007 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mo & Doc:
Frank Finsterbush and I want you to know if you need anything to call and we'll be there for you.My phone number is 215-822-0282
Cathy & Bill Wallace,and Frank. Happy New Year, We
really miss you Doc! Get Well soon and we'll say prayers for you everday.

January 02, 2007 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home