Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Where, oh where has Bobs' bone marrow gone?

Remember that song? Where oh where has my little dog gone? Maybe I should call Dr.Lugers' office and threaten to sing it until we get the results. It is 2 weeks today...the longest we've ever gone w/o hearing anything, and it's starting to unnerve me. Bob spoke to a nurse yesterday and today and they just don't know where it is!!!! Does that mean it's lost?....I ask Bob. He says what am I asking him for???!!! He asked today if it could be taking so long since he is now a part of a clinical trial.....they don't know. VERY frustrating, on top of which Bobs' wbc's today are only 1.6 w/ ANC down to 256. So now, just when the neck pain is gone and his knee is acting up a lot less frequently....he can't leave the house. What does Charlie Brown say? Aaarrgghh! Maybe this isn't a good day to blog.Besides, I really have nothing else new to tell you guys. Maybe a few comments for the peanut gallery.....

Mary Day, I know you didn't mean to be funny when you said we should ask them why things take so long, but that gave me my biggest laugh of the day. I'm sure Deb got a chuckle over that too. I'll tell Bob to ask that tomorrow. I forgot to write that he asked for Dr. Luger to call tomorrow about the low wbc....again we'll see. Also MDF, make up your mind....I get comments when I don't write, and when I do you say I'm LENGTHY. Hmmph...what a nerve. And I didn't know you 30 years ago. I was still a sweet young thing of 17. You probably met my parents 24 years ago when I was 23 or so and you were......oh never mind. I should just e-mail you and rag on you there.
To my cousin Nancy, I'm sorry I missed Emily....wanted to wish her Bon Voyage. I did call last week on Monday and Tuesday evening, but it was busy, busy, busy. Everyone really enjoyed themselves at your house. I was jealous that I missed it. My Dad's coming along although he is having some rib pain. Anna was worried about it and took him to Grandview Hospital this am, where everything they did was negative...ct scan of his head and abdomen, CXR and a slew of labs. Long day for him, but at least we know he didn't break anything. Is Em near the World Cup? How long is she gonna be gone? I'll be in touch later this week. Hugs to Bruce and Sarah, and tell Em I hope she's having fun.
Debbie I read your blog and I'm praying my heart out here...Bob too. You hang in there dear. I'll give you a call tomorrow. Hope today wasn't too long. Hugs and kisses.
Eileen, while I am not formally striking, it seems that something crops up every other day or so, that just makes cooking dinner impossible. I am lucky that my husband thinks of bacon and eggs, and franks and beans as comfort food.
Well, I don't want to upset MDF's delicate sensibilities by writing too much longer(sorry Mare, if Kim joins us again I'll start dissing her). So I'll close and ask for your continued support. This has been a rough week so far, not just for us, but for some other friends as well. Please everyone, take care of yourselves too. We love you all and thank you for everything.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

PS....Bonnie, I'll give you a call tomorrow. Hope you're chillin'.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mo and Dr.Bob,
don't be sidetracked by comments on "lengthtiness": we eagerly await every word on Bob's progress - so, keep on truckin'! About ethnic food: we were pleased to read that you enjoyed Aniko's cooking. For the benefit of other readers, it was a dish that is eaten with utensils, the kind our cave-dwelling forefathers invented and not with digitations as required in fast-food restaurants. To boot, it was cooked and therefore, salmonella and hemorrhagic e. coli were not a consideration. The dessert was made of riced chestnut puree (product of France - my God, may be we should have looked for a Belgian product!), with a touch of rum and whipped cream folded in. A bit exotic for these parts but the flavor is divine (at least we think it is!).
Anyway, have you heard that the pope got the bird flu? He got it from a cardinal...
On that note, I wish you the best for the rest of the day.
Our love,
George and Aniko

June 14, 2006 7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo and Bob, What the heck is goin on with this bone marrow business. Doesn't give us much faith as to the results. Maybe we should both go to Jeff to have our friend Dr. Carabasi repeat them! And sorry about the wbc's. Your on house arrest again. Thank God for the deck. A little fresh air and sunshine does wonders. So glad that Joe's tests came back neg. but he will probably be sore for awhile yet. Lots of food with the advil. Gotta go see the other Dr. Bob, so i will call you later Mo. Love you both!!!!!!deb

June 14, 2006 7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Doc,
I am glad I finally found this blog sight to say hello. The fish are still waiting for you so the boys at the club will keep feeding them until you can get up there and hook a few. I missed seeing you up there but feel good that you will get up there for the fall stocking. The whole family says hi.Hang in there buddy,
Chris Corrado

June 14, 2006 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOB, At this very moment,Stella is makeing one of our favorite dinners [holupky] pigs in bannkets. We have youall in mind and will give you a call, hoping you will be able to down a few dozen,which will bring good health to anyone within a few miles. We are on your team, so keep up your spirit. joe& stella kraynak

June 14, 2006 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo, well, you know i have to write right now..ha.. (look up).. anyways.. it's wed.. are the results in? How can they Not find them? glad the neck and knees are better.. got more to say.. but have to clean again.. remember.. its summer vacation with teenage boys.. why can't they figure out how to throw something away in the garabage? or put plates in the diswasher? they place them right next to them!! hang in there dr. mazzola.. strange food you all eat out there.,, but im sure delicious..mdf

June 14, 2006 4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo-it was just great to see you and Suzanne and Bev and Deb and Anita and Bonnie and Holly and everyone last night. And Dr.Bob in spirit. If there was ever a group of women who ,individually and collectively,could meet any challenge and overcome tough situations,I was surely standing in the midst of them.I do miss you all and keep you and yours always close to my heart.
PS Dr Mazzola-isn't amazing
how a big,famous, real hospital still has a snafu now and then.I seem to remember a few we weathered together.
Take care and God Bless. sjs

June 15, 2006 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bet they lost it, and are afraid to tell you cause your a dr! but, if they did find it, i hope it's all good news..i guess i'll just have to speculate since i haven't heard from mo in awhile.. mdf

June 16, 2006 6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have neglected my computer for 3 days so just learned of the HUP trip. My NC nieces were here for 5 days so I am still talking funny. I hope the organisms are sensitive so that an early return home takes place. Charlie and Dawn

July 09, 2006 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home