Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Hi from Mo

Hi everybody,

Thought I'd come out of my blogging exile to say hello. Bob is watching Mel Brooks' History of the World, which does nothing for me, and furthermore I'm forced to tape Inspector Jericho on Mystery tonight. BTW does anybody out there watch this? I missed the conclusion of the first episode that was on 2 weeks ago...it was about a man who was kidnapped. If you caught the ending,could you let me in on whodunit?

As Bob said he had a restful day. Can't remember if he told you or not, but he's going to CMMC tomorrow for blood and platelets, as his last hgb was down a little at 8.2. The platelets held up pretty well though...they were still 29,000 3 days after an infusion, so Dr. Luger felt that he could wait until tomorrow and get everything at once. I expect he'll be there for quite a while, as they don't run these things in anywhere near as quickly as they do at HUP. His white count was 2.8 last Thursday, and the neutrophils were over 500, so that's why she gave the go-ahead for eating out. Maybe sometime this week, since he's getting tanked up tomorrow.

Meg and I made a Costco run today, and once again I have to sing her praises. We ended up w/ a trunk and back seat full of goods. Also made stops at Best Buy and Walgreens, as Costco never seems to have everything I need. Anyway, I'd still be unloading the car and putting stuff away if it wasn't for Meg trekking it to the basement and 2nd floor. So thank you, Megan. In addition to the scale we also needed a digital thermometer to keep a check on Bobs' temps. He hasn't had any fevers at all since we've been home, thank you Lord. Now, we have a glass thermometer, but all the visiting nurses look at it like it's a prop from the Flintstones....a glass thermometer??? Don't you have a digital? You really should have a digital. Soooooo, now we have a digital. Unfortunately the scale is also digital, so I fear there's gonna be some brain-work involved to set the thing up. At any rate, we are now well stocked in TP, clorox handiwipes, windex, toothpaste etc. etc., and I shouldn't have to go to Costco for many mos.

Just a few comments to some buds.....Jax and Con, it was so good to hear from you. Were your ears burning, cuz I just said to Bob the other day that we hadn't heard from you guys in a while.......MDF, ooh, big burn (as Kate would say) from Eileen....Who is this Bonds? That really hurt didn't it? I was lol when I read that.....and speaking of burn, Kim, what, did you get a nap the other day so you could stay up til after 10p to watch CSI and write on the blog???.......Happy Anniversary to Holly and Tom S. Hope you guys had a nice weekend. Did you go to AC? I'm going to stop in at MSC tomorrow when Bob's getting his blood and platelets. I really miss you guys.....Cozz, that wedding story was too funny. But how about the one that's a little closer to home?...your son-in-law to be coming down w/ appendicitis a few days before the wedding....and you, his future father-in-law taking it out? Bob reminded me about that. Talk about "nice try".
......And I just want to say Hi to sweet Brenda H. Your blogs are so darn cute and sweet. Your loving personality comes thru in every word. As Jessie says about Bob and I, I can hear your voice when I read them....and lastly, I too want to say hi to all the Khouris and Teklitses. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and that everything came off smoothly today. And we definitely need pictures of Emma and Christian with their Mom-Mom.(that's Deb T.) And speaking of Deb, I just want to ask for some stepped up prayers for her, as she goes back into HUP tomorrow for her 3rd round of consolidation chemo. Keep your spirits and your pecker up Deb.

Well! That was a lot of words, but Bob didn't use many today, so I'm claiming what was left of his quota.As always, thank you to EVERYBODY for all the kindnesses you continue to show to Bob and I. We are truly so appreciative. And please continue to remember us in your prayers.

Love, Mo


9 Comments:

Blogger Kris McLay said...

Hee-hee. Am I going to get to be first??? Yippee!

Hi Mo and Dr. Bob - just checking in to see how you are both doing. It sounds like pretty good - I sure hope so. It sounds like your counts have been hanging in there and hope your fill 'er up session at CMMC goes well and expeditiously.

My big question is: where will Dr Bob go for his first meal out on the town?

Thinking of you both in my prayers - Cheers.

K

May 22, 2006 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mazzolas
As with the first blogger I want to know where you guys will dine ! As we have all been talking so much food for the past month I am certain the two of you will make a fine choice. Give us the delicious details. Bob I fully expect you to eat at least two deserts...as you have told us your current waist line can handle all those wonderful concoctions that put weight on Bill when he just looks at them!
Bill is at yet another conference for work. He will return home Wed. at some point.
Hope the day progressed nicely and quickly and now feel all tanked up. Sorry to hear about the neck pain...what a pain in the neck. (bad joke). However, I do think your latest remedy sounds like it might work and be enjoyable too.
Okay time to think about dinner, which means where will mom and I go out to eat.
Love ya both,
Anne

May 22, 2006 3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The New PMS Diner in Kulpsville (used to be called Tiger's):
Menu:
M&M Soup
Hershey Bar Lasagna
Mashed Snickers with Hot Fudge Gravy.

Have Fun!

May 22, 2006 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.gap.com/browse/home.do?tid=3030&kwid=1

checked gap on line and they have size 35 shorts, jeans and pants.

May 22, 2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I really dig the menu at the PMS diner - does that place exist in Kulpsville? I don't pay much attention when I'm home for visits...Things went well yesterday, although Christian came down with a mystery stomach bug Saturday afternoon. Poor little guy spent half the evening on the potty (he is trained for 'ca ca' only - 'pee pee' is difficult for him still). He woke up sick on Sunday morning and my mom said, "Well at least he hasn't thrown up." Within five minutes, he did. We decided to take him along for the christening anyway since he was only sick the one time and the lower regions issue seemed to calm down. He sat quietly during the ceremony (after he had to be wrestled inside by mom mom and pop pop). Once we got home, we ate and I put Christian to bed. He seemed much better after his nap and has been OK today. The ironic thing is that Emma's godmother, my girlfriend Shelly, cancelled her flight out here from WI since she had a stomach bug and didn't want to take a chance infecting my mom. Then Christian comes down with it! Of course mom had much more contact with Christian than she would Shelly - between sharing a bed, a cracker, or a hug, my mom was doused in Christian cooties. Let's keep our fingers crossed....

Sounds like you guys had a great day yesterday, the Jamisons sounds like an outstanding medicine for a fine Sunday afternoon. The weather was gorgeous here yesterday and today - hope it is back home for you guys too. All the best to you both!

May 22, 2006 4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob and Mo-
Thanks for the good anniversary wishes, and yes we went to AC!! We had a great time. We won a little and lost a little and had fun.
We tried to call you guys several times today, guess you were at CMMC. Sounds like you were doing my favorite thing Mo- SHOPPING!!!! Try to stop and visit if your in the area, we MISS YOU!!! Call if you guys would like company for food and drinks, you know we are always ready to party. We are always good for a few laughs.
Mo, I join you in hoping we see pics from Jessie of the christening. Good luck to Deb T. this week, we are all hoping for a smooth #3 treatment and hope your home soon!!
Take care Bob, and Mo, hope we see you soon back at MSC.
Love- Holly

May 22, 2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger Kris McLay said...

Hi Mo and Dr. Bob-

Hope this finds you both well, freshly "tanked up" (Jamesons or blood and platelets - u pick) and ready to go out for some delicious M&M soup. Yowser! I've never heard of anything quite like that.

One question, when they say the new PMS Diner - do they mean PMS like PMS and this is where you get your requisite chocolate fix at a certain time of the month or does PMS mean like, initials?

Jessie. It sounds like quite a weekend! Hope Christian is feeling better by now and that you are all feeling IMMUNE. Next time you are in town let's call a meeting at the new PMS! Mo and Dr. Bob, perhaps you will join us???

Hope you're neck is better today, Dr. Bob. In sympathy with your neck, my neck and shoulder has started acting up again as well. Please pass the Jameson's.

Cheers - K

May 23, 2006 6:58 AM  
Blogger Kris McLay said...

Thought you might like to visit the Chelsea Flower Show in your pjs this morning.

May 23, 2006 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, after you both read this you may want to have me committed. please, i need the rest. anyway, mo when you tell us about meg being your 'wallpaper' [always there to be a buddy, helper, mood lightener] it warms my heart. last night, i guess i was deep in rem sleep b/c i dreamed i was in a hollywood movie, this really blew my mind. okay, that's not it. last night i dreamed that i walked into the weight room at my gym where there are probably around 40 pieces of weight lifting machines. on each and every machine, there she was, meg noone fod. 40 megfodnoones, looking fabulous and working all of her muscle groups so she can haul all of the next costco order. quite a kid she is!
have a great day you two, it looks like the weather will support your efforts. xoxox km

May 23, 2006 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home