Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Still No Results

So, I swear I tried to post earlier and the blog was down for maintenance. But we still don't have the results of the bone marrow done over a week ago. Bob has talked to 3 or 4 different people, and finally today Dr. Lugers' secretary said she would have her call tomorrow....we'll see. I can however report that he's doing better. He even says he feels good when I ask....a definite improvement. Now if only the GD knee would stop locking...that is so painful when it occurs, and he literally can't take a step. It scares me to think he could fall.

Bobs' counts are really very stable(I am rapping the wooden desk I'm sitting at). His hgb was 10.1...platelets 40,000...wbc 2.8...all from this am. He also had a slew of other labs done, as he started the clinical trial med. today. The drug is supposed to increase his counts, so he'll need fewer transfusions. Now though he must take lipitor as the drug can also increase cholesterol and triglycerides. So he's been taking 11 pills every am, and now he's got to take 8 of these new capsules every day. Alas he must take them with food...a real hardship let me tell you. Bob has gained 10 lbs since he came home, and he really looks much better.

Well, you can see from the posted time that it is very late, and my bed is calling me, and my brain is fuzzy, so I'll close here. Thank you everyone for everything. Please keep sending your prayers to heaven and your good karma to Kulpsville. Oh, and could you all please add a dear friend and co-worker of ours to your prayer list? She is a sweetheart of a person and a wonderful nurse, who is in Grandview Hospital. And I'm not naming her as I actually didn't get her permission, but she is a great believer in the power of prayer, and I know she would appreciate it. Talk to you all soon as we hear anything.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i beat debbie?? mo, thanks for the update. sorry no word yet on the bmb.. that must be frustrating not knowing anything!! Last day of school was yesterday, said goodbye to the kindergardners, went to the gym,and came home to 11 kids at our house asking "hey mom, what can we do?" (think the summer might be long?), then of course the water balloon fights started, etc...
Have another tournament with mark this weekend, patrick will hopefully get some much needed sleep
Will add the mysterious woman to my prayer list.. hey.. do you remember the priest from my parents church? I tried to contact him yesterday.. he retired already!!
well, better go, have things to clean up.. take care, and i will continue all the good vibes to you gys..mdf

June 09, 2006 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eileen, you want to know what color my hair is?? it sort of changes with the seasons.. now, a brown with some blonde streaks.. some of them bought , some of them a gift from the sun..and just to keep the colorful event going.. i have some grey thrown in.. dont' know why our house seems chaotic.. just glad school is over and the projects.. dr. mazzola.. hope you don't mind us using your blog to visit. trust me.. you and deb are our first priority on these blogs.. mdf

June 09, 2006 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mo and Bob,
it makes me crazy to think they are keeping you guys waiting so long for the bmb results. once again dr. luger must not ever have waited this long for results for herself or loved ones or she would be more dilgent in returning your calls. well maybe no news is good news??????you do sound like you are ok though and hopefullt this new med will make you counts back to almost normal as well as your strength. so sorry about the knee. maybe rehab would loosen or tighten things up??
may day i too am thankful your boys are A&W after the hot air baloon exp. did it stay suspended for 10 min. for the extra credit? good luck at the bb tournament. well mo and bob hope to see you tomorrow for a quick visit. keep taking good care of each other. love deb

June 10, 2006 11:36 PM  
Blogger Kris McLay said...

Aiiii- blogger is going down in two minutes! Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking and praying for you two on this fine Sunday morning. Hope you are having a good, relaxing weekend.

mdf - too much to say in one minute...later

K

June 11, 2006 8:30 AM  
Blogger mo said...

I feel like Debbie!!!! I just wrote this huge post and when i try to publish it I get that creen that says page unavailable...click refresh button....I have never once had a pge come back by clicking the gd refresh button....why do they even bother to tell you to try that. And I couldn't save it either....so help me,if that goes out into cyberspace I'll have a conniption...I want to imitate the 3 stooges(or 3 students as Meg used to call them when she was little...."Hey Dad, The 3 students are on")Why, I oughta....whatever. Okay, enough with the bellyakin. I'll go check it again...but I am trying to post!!!

June 11, 2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger mo said...

Forget everything I just wrote...my posting got published. AAAHHHH!!!! I hate computers. I hate computers. I hate computers.....

June 11, 2006 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home