Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Settling in...still!

Good morning everyone,

Just going to write to say Bob's adjusting well. There have been glitches and a great deal more patience is required here as call lights and inquiries are not attended to like in the hospital...something neither Bob or I are accustomed to. We will deal with that. So far, medically everything is fine. And Bob seems stronger each new time I see him. Like he told Dr. Sag yesterday, " I want to get stronger and get home, and this is one step closer". So take that leukemia and lung cancer and gvhd!!!! I have to repeat...this man is amazing! I think I would've given in long ago.
Things are steady on the homefront. Megan came over yesterday with Matthew and Maggie....I couldn't stop hugging and kissing them cuz I've been going thru withdrawal....and we made a gingerbread house with Nana Noon. Megan generously offered to let it stay here despite Maggies vociferous protests, since as she put it,"it will probably be Reenie's only Xmas decoration". Ha, that's probly gonna turn out to be true, unless the elves and fairies come put up our tree!! Thanks to the 3 M's and Charlie M for visiting Bob yesterday too. If anyone wants to visit, please feel free. I'm going back to work tomorrow and company would me much appreciated for Bob. His phone number is 267-663-5654.
St. Mary Manor
Rm 413A St. Catherine's Wing
701 Lansdale Ave.
Lansdale, Pa. 19446

Thank you again for all the positive support, love and prayers you continue to share with us. You are all amazing!

All our love,
Bob and Mo

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you stay strong will visit ..rehab will help you tell them I. Said hi...and that they're slave drivers :-) take care XOXO

December 02, 2012 6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear good news. Does Bob like butternut squash soup i will bring some over next week. In cape may this week. If you show me where the tree and decorations are i will take care of the tree. Might take a few days.

December 02, 2012 7:41 PM  
Blogger mo said...

These must be from Bev and Jean I'm guessing??? If so, YAY Bev!! You are blogging and I will be sure to pass your message along. Jean, Bob loves all soups and butternut squash is a favorite! Don't worry about my tree. I actually have a day or 2 off this week and I'm going to try and get some holiday cheer going!! Enjoy Cape May. Thanks for writing. xo, Mo

December 02, 2012 9:06 PM  
Anonymous Karen Bennie said...

glad he is setling in..now lets get them going to work on making him stronger so he can go home where he belongs!!

December 02, 2012 11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. I'll make soup after i am home. This has been my weekly for the past few weeks.

December 02, 2012 11:25 PM  
Anonymous bev said...

Hi can't remember what I did to blog

December 03, 2012 12:26 PM  
Anonymous bev said...

This is so confusing...I'm on my smart phone...one of us is not so smart ..want to see Bob Wed or Thursday what does he want ..noone picks up the room phone so I can't talk to him in person ..praying XOXO..Bev

December 03, 2012 12:33 PM  
Blogger mo said...

Bev, you're cracking me up

December 03, 2012 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home