Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Written on FB 11/28/12 11pm

Sorry I haven't written....was so tired yesterday and super busy today. Bob is doing a little better. He was quite dopey over the weekend and really groggy Monday. But he had ativan a couple times and I think it was too much, combined with his compromised lungs...his CO2 was up to 72! I almost had an MI myself when i heard that. Anyway, he was quite alert today and really happy to have Matt with him. Matt did a great job yesterday, so I could get a break and tonight he's doing some PC repairs or at least the diagnosing so far. Back to Bob. It's now believed that he has a fungal infection, most likely in his lungs. Luckily he has been on anti-fungals since he was started on steroids. There's also a small hemothorax in the rt. lung...maybe a result of last months bronch? A chest tube was thought to be in order and Bob flatly refused....been there, done that, not doing it again!! The edema has continued to improve and lasix is now daily. Cardiology has been reconsulted to re-evaluate and an echo was done today which hasn't changed. So we may be getting to a "good as we're going to get " point and will be talking about moving on somewhere closer to home for rehab. I hope so cuz this trek is fraying my nerves, what few i have left! Today I had another 80 minute ride just to go the 10 miles on the NE Ext.!!! Aaarrgghhh! Anywho, that's all for now. Matt will be here til Friday evening, so we'll be goibg down tomorrow. Good night all. Xo, Mo Above is an update I wrote on fb last night that I copied and pasted. Matt and I are here. Bob remains alert. Just had yogurt and juice. And he is off oxygen alltogether right now and maintaining a sat of 96-97%. Hallelujah!! His lungs must be improving. Also noticed that his neck veins are quite flat today...that's a good thing! So still improving. Waiting on the social worker to talk about transfer. Oh! And if anyone is out there from the days of Debs' blogging, you might remember the pastoral care minister Kava S., one of the most wonderful human beings on the planet...well I ran into her yesterday and it really gave me a lift just to talk with her and talk at her....a lot!! Haha! Anyway, she set Bob up with a spiritual minister and is looking into getting someone to do Reikki to help him relax w/o ativan. Okay, I better get back to the room. Don't want to miss anyone. All our love, Bob and Mo


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear there is some good news for a change. I am glad you also,had a,chance to speak with someone too! Continued prayers for all!
Jim and Carolyn

November 29, 2012 5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad for the improvement. Hope for both your sakes Bob can be closer to home. Thanks, Mo for the great job you do keeping us all informed -I'm sure you know how much you both mean to so many.

Terry and Fred

November 29, 2012 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home