Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dear friends and family, First Bob has a new room. He's in 1075A and new phone is 215-615-4543. Calls and visitors welcome as this looks like we're in for the long haul. Pulmonary will be weighing in tomorrow as to whether or not they think Bob's lungs are up to him having the pericardiectomy and stripping which, apparently he needs as evidenced by the high pressures found during the cath. This is a big surgery and they would have to break Bob's sternum a la open heart surgery. Bob, I think is tending towards sticking with medical treatment, no matter what pulmonary says. And I agree. He has been through 9 years of misery and kept such a brave face and mind and heart, but this would be asking too much. So tomorrow Bob will talk with Dr. Hirshfeld who is a calm and gentle man who has won my respect in our few, brief meetings. I think they will continue with the aggressive diuretics and steroids etc. My hope is that if the constrictive pericarditis was a result of the gvhd, then the steroids will knock the gvh down and that too will decrease the edema. Always hoping, hoping, hoping. Thank you Santa and Sam for visiting today and an early thanks to Bill for going in tomorrow. I will work tomorrow and be there (hup) Tuesday.I think I will be eating HUP turkey with Bob on Thursday! Yum!! Thank you Fred and Terry for writing. Who else is out there?? Why not write a comment so I can pass it on to Bob. I sai d to someone yesterday that this is the first time in 9 years that I've heard Bob sound defeated and honestly, it scares the hell out of me. So please keep the prayers coming. I know hearing from you all helps me keep going so I can do the same for Bob. All our love and thanks, Bob and Mo

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh mo I feel for you and what Bob is going through...can totally understand the more conservative approach after all he has been through...will pray for you both...Brenda

November 18, 2012 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob! Unfortunately I need a translator to make my way through Maureen's blog, but what I do understand is that you are a fighter, have an amazing wife and one heck of a cheering section. Hang in there! We are thinking of you and sending good thoughts and prayers as you recover from this set back. Keep the faith. We love you! Nancy

November 18, 2012 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Karen Bennie said...

Hi to u both....hoping for a postive outcome as to whatever Bob decides..he has to go with his gut feeling, and as a Dr..he truly knows what both sides entail..surgery vs no surgery..I never met your husband, but he sounds like a great man and u are lucky to have each other.,..will keep the prayers coming for both of you:)

November 18, 2012 11:33 PM  
Blogger abuelasu said...

Bob and Mo...you are both in my prayers as this week begins and the issue of to surgerize or not to surgerize is being dealt with. You two know best how Bob will handle it, both physically and emotionally...and it sounds as though your pulmonary man will be supportive either way. Keep us posted, Mo...be aware of positive vibes and warm fuzzies coming your way, both of you xox

November 19, 2012 3:31 PM  
Blogger abuelasu said...

Bob and Mo...you are both in my prayers as this week begins and the issue of to surgerize or not to surgerize is being dealt with. You two know best how Bob will handle it, both physically and emotionally...and it sounds as though your pulmonary man will be supportive either way. Keep us posted, Mo...be aware of positive vibes and warm fuzzies coming your way, both of you xox

November 19, 2012 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home