Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Monday, November 12, 2012

11/12/12 HUP, Day2

Good morning all,

Okay, so Bob is safely ensconced in room 1083 in the Founder's Pavilion. The trip took an hour as there was a lot of traffic d/t the Eagles game....why people are still going to the games is beyond me, but that's a whole other blog! He sounded strong when I spoke with him and actually said he was "great" and his room was "great". That may be for my benefit though, cuz he knows how I fret when I'm not there.

They gave him more lasix on arrival and the cardiac cath was scheduled for this am. They wouldn't get any more specific than that, but we all know about HUP time. At any rate I'm going to leave as soon as I've gotten myself together and most of the morning rush is over. Hopefully by this evening when I write again, we'll have lots more answers. Have a good Monday everyone. I'll be back. Bob wanted me to send his love and thanks for all the prayers and support you've been sending us.

Love,
Bob and Mo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of Uncle Bob & you. I don't think it's a good idea if I visit, or the kids b/c we all have runny noses & coughs. I actually just scheduled a doctor's appt. for big Matt for tonight. Tell Uncle Bob we said hi, and the kids have been asking about him daily. Thought this would make you laugh... we just went to Doylestown Hospital for my preadmission testing etc. Maggie had a meltdown when the tech drew my blood, b/c she had to stick me multiple times until I said "GET THE BUTTERFLY !!!" And Matthew goes, "WHERE ARE ALL THE HOT NURSES MOM? They're all OLD here! You said this would be fun!" ***SIGH*** Hopefully Uncle Bob has some HOT nurses there!!! <3 MEG

November 12, 2012 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending well wishes & prayers.

November 12, 2012 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home