Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Monday, November 26, 2012

11/26/12 Monday, Monday, can't trust that day!

Hey everybody, Well, the pleural fluid is a big negative...no infection, no malignancy, no nothing ....which is good.So I hoped we could talk about rehab, but another CT of the chest has been ordered. Now we wait for that to be compared to the last and go from there. This has all been sanctioned by Dr.Luger, who(m)? I just talked to. Clinically, Bob's improved ...fluid still dec reasing and his oxygen sat is holding at 96% on 2lpm. I just don't know about the darn chest. It has me a little freaked, but as Bob said 2 weeks ago "how are you going to treat another cancer? I won't tolerate surgery, chemo or radiation, so why do tests." He is agreeable to the CT today however, so we're holding again until its done. Now I have a request...anybody out there in bloggerworld or FBland available to visit tomorrow, preferably around lunch or dinner time, to help Bob with his meals. Not that he's eating much but he's too shaky and sleepy to help himself. He generally has a bottle of ensure, soup and dessert, which is usually pudding. So it wouldn't have to be a long visit. I haven't had a full day at home in over a week, and need to pay bills, clean, etc. So call me or fb message me. I hope to be getting my new phone by fed-ex today.Actually, it just dawned on me That Matt is coming up from Tenn.tonight and hr will be with Bob tomorrow...my pea brain!!! I can't retain info right now! So Bob's really looking forward to that! That about wraps it up here. Just waiting for transport to come for Bob's 1pm.CT scan...it's 1:30 right now! All our thanks, Bob and Mo


Anonymous Karen Bennie said...

your words sound exhausted..am praying hard for you and Dr. Bob they have to get him fixed up soon..let us know how and what your next step will be after test results and consults..God Bless both of you....

November 27, 2012 1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to try to come down today, or tomorrow... but since Matt is there- and able to stay and help with his Father, I will hold off alittle while more and finish all of my antibiotics before visiting. Tell Uncle Bob that Matthew said "I hope he has hot nurses!!!" Haha I am not kidding.

November 27, 2012 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg! He cracks me up. What a Casanova!

November 27, 2012 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad Matt has been able to visit; thinking of you both!
Carolyn and Jim

November 27, 2012 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home