Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Input please!!!

Hi all, Right now I'm sitting with Bob and we're in a holding pattern. (So what else is new here at hup).As usual it's a different story today. Now I'm told that Bob's latest Chest CT shows new nodules and a bronch is in order. Cardiology feels that Bob will tolerate this procedure from their standpoint, and that it would be helpful to know if we're dealing with infection, gvhd, or a tumor. Pulmonary is worried about the constrictive pericarditis rearing its ugly head during the procedure and making Bob crump.(that's my term not theirs). Bob says are we going to find anything that we can treat?? And Aldo says he's doing nothing w/o Dr.Lugers'input! Smart man I married!! So there is a call into her, but we know what a busy woman she is,so I'll hope we hear by tomorrow. In the meantime the social worker was in with a list of ECFs(extended care facilities), as Bob is weak as a kitten and definitely will needs rehab. So that's where I need help. In order from closest to us to farthest geographically, we have...Brittany Pointe, Peter Becker, Meadowood, St.Mary's Manor, Rockhill Mennonite, Dock Meadows. Please write with any info that might help us make an informed decision. We're most interested in tge PT /Rehab depts. Also if you can highly recommend a place I don't have listed thats good too. Well just got lots of info from our poker pal, Shirley. Will close now. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Bob sends his thanks for the calls and blogs and prayers. We love you all, Bob and Mo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have some experience now in home care. Have dealt with Meadowood and Brittany Pointe with clients using the rehab there and they did well. There are places I would not recommend but they are not on your list.Even though I don't communicate , I am thinking of you both and you are in my prayers every day.Have to make a "this old nurse" opinion. Before there was all this technology (did not say good old days) If there was a choice between treating something rare or not treating something probable, we treated what could be treated.
Did you hear the place I work is being sold. So I get to turn out the lights on another agency. Think there is a message here?
tiamo

November 20, 2012 4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think any of those listed would be good! Does
Bob have any dietary restrictions? I was in NYC on Sunday and bought some Havarti with dill cheese. Thought you might enjoy
Carolyn

November 20, 2012 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home