Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Day 15

Dear friends and family,

Kate and I are here in Bobs room. We've gotten everything packed up to take home, except Bobs toiletries and the clothes he will wear home....and the laptop, and the book he's reading. But Bob and I will manage all that tomorrow, b/c thats what we brought from home the day of admission. Kate and I have already been to the outpt. pharmacy and picked up Bobs meds that he will need at home, and Bob and I just got back from a walk. He did 3 laps around the nurses station, which my husband informs me is ~ 1 furlong, since 17 laps = 1 mile.........a tidbit of useless information if I ever heard one, right Bill? So now Bob and Kate are reading....I didn't think to bring my book down, but I'd rather update you all anyway. Bob says he will write a blog from home tomorrow [you know it's really difficult to type when your fingers are crossed!!].

Bobs white count today is 9.3(still waiting on the anc), platelets are 67,000 and hgb is 9.5.......again these are great numbers. We expect the wbc to fall shortly though b/c the neupogen was stopped yesterday. So Bob's going home on an anti-viral med, an anti-fungal med and the cyclosporin(anti-rejection med)......no antibiotic this time, but he is going to confirm that w/ Dr. L's office on Monday.....and of course his ususal BP meds.

Well, I guess that's all for now. We're just chillin' for a little while longer than I have to get Kate home for a graduation party......she graduates on Wednesday from 8th grade. I'm hoping to be there, but I'll have to see how Bob's doing. Anyway, enjoy the rest of the weekend, and Bob will write tomorrow. Thank you for everything.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news !!!!!!!!!!!!

Will get the deep fryer out and filled with cooking oil, with the anticipation of cooking some of those chickens, cause they are getting ready to hatch !!!

Prayers for your continued recovery

June 09, 2007 4:07 PM  
Blogger Kris McLay said...

Praise the Lord and pass the chicken and dumplings!!!!

This is fantastic news, guys.

So happy to hear that you are on your way out of there, Doctor Bob!

(and I loved that furlong info!)

Prayers up!

All my love - K

June 10, 2007 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so happy I could just do a dance, matter of fact I just did. Hope you guys have a safe and joyous ride home. The prayers will not stop just continue in thansgiving for Bob's continued healing. Love you both.
Anne

June 10, 2007 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gone for a few days and i look today, and it's great news..so happy you are out of there! Nothing feels better than your own bed... now it's all that strange food..right.. well,don't worry, mo is such a good cook, you'll do fine...
we've been busy with end of the year and graduation ceremonies..Patrick graduated on friday, then i worked the grad night party from 10pm -6am..it was fun, but i was pretty tired yesterday, i went to watch mark play a double header in vallejo which didn't take any energy from my end..so that was good..I thought i would do great at his graduation..but the minute the students walked on the field, till they were done i cried..although Patrick danced up on the stage, got his diploma, danced down the stage,, then hugged all the teachers and danced with them.. relief hit him i think..it was funny..
now, i have about 3 months to clean the house, walk dogs and take mark to bb practice and get patrick ready for college. but he doesn't start till sept 10th..
I will continue the prayers and good wishes.. so glad your home.. mdf
ps mo.. for some reason i could remember debs, but couldn't remember bob's blog site.. although i did try...mdf

June 10, 2007 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home