Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Day Plus 8

Hi all,



I'm here writing from Bobs room again. He's feeling better today......actually ended up getting 2 units of blood yesterday........and looks better too. He's going to ride the bike soon, presently watching college softball and having his daily post-lunch rest.....this man is definitely a creature of habit. He's caught up on the blogs and e-mails and so....to Y and L, Bob says thanks for the note and I miss being at game night,and I don't need anything if you come down........to Debbie, Bob says I'm not a man of steel, that's Superman, but thanks for the compliment, and tell Kathy I say hello.........and to KM he says I was an Old Spice man, but now I only use their deoderant [we're getting pretty personal here aren't we, writes Bobs secretary], b/c you're right about Mo buying me fancy-schmancy after-shave and cologne.[hrrmmp!].......and thanks to Bill, Anne and Katie, and Deb and Joe for their visits this week. It was good to see everybody. And to everybody, thanks as always for all the prayers and words of encouragement. It means a lot to me[and me].

Well, Bobs getting up to get on the bike, so I have to go get my whip out!!! Of course I can't use it on him unless I wipe it down first w/ a bleach handiwipe. Oh, well. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and we'll be in touch.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are feeling better today, Dr. Mazzola. I hope you enjoy your little bike ride. I am still checking to see how you are and you are in my prayers every day. -Linda Vince

June 02, 2007 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good day to stay inside. H X 3! Went to Jersey today to help clean out a flooded house. I'm not a morning person, but glad we left early. It was sweltering by the time we left to come home. Waiting for the sun to go down a little so I can mow. Keep up the exercise and good spirits. Love & prayers, Mussie

June 02, 2007 5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dr. Bob,
Just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you and praying that these next 10 days or so go smoothly. Here's hoping that you are halfway there. Lots of love, joe and Debbie

June 03, 2007 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob: Glad to hear that you are holding your own! Be careful not to do too many "wheelies" on that bike! Take care and continued prayers for you. Jim and Carolyn

June 03, 2007 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been avoiding.. sorry,, just been a little busy.. sounds like you did well over the weekend.. hope it's continuing to be like that..
had alot of baseball games again this weekend.. yesterday in napa at the veteran"s house.. nice place with wineries around the ballpark..
went to the senior dinner thursday night.. was prepared to be all weepy ( i get like that at these occassions).. and i did alittle, but then, i was telling someone how my ass barely fits in the chairs they provided, then i turned to walk back to my chair... next thing i know, i trip... but thank goodness the smallest senior girl, and her grandmothers walker were there.. they saved me and my large ass from totally falling flat on my face! ha.. but it did take my mind off being weepy!
this is the last week of school! I'm ready for summer vacation.. and so are my boys!
Hope you are doing well on this monday.. i continue my prayers.. mdf

June 04, 2007 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home