Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Day zero plus 2

Happy Memorial Day Weekend,



This is Bobs secretary writing.....guess I should say typing. Bob says "I'm feeling good. My white count is 4.0 today, but the attending, Dr.Pearl says that doesnt mean too much, b/c I'm getting neupogen(white cell stimulant), and my own white count will still continue to bottom out.[Mo says,"I'm very confused by that....dont understand the rationale, but back to Bob"]. "I want to thank everyone who has blogged or e-mailed, also Anne and Bill for the drinks and great visit. And of course all your prayers, which I really appreciate. Thank you everyone.

Mo says Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all the vets out there who are reading this. Our entire country(and many other nations too) owes you a debt of gratitude.

Bob's looking good and still feels well. But the 2 of us keep using that word....still....like we're waiting for the other shoe to drop. We know it's going to fall, just have to pray it falls softly and not w/ a bang. But one day at a time, and so far so good.....enough cliches in this post yet?

Bob's watching the Phils right now and Just put the head of the bed down, so I think he's goingto snooze. He's on a schedule for exercising(his own, that is)and wants to ride the bike at 2p. He's also doing his neck and shoulder routine, as well as stuff for his legs, like quad tightening.
So he's being a good patient and of course part of that is eating. No trouble there yet, and he continues to find the HUP trays somewhat palatable(Ithought only edible, but he says it's a step above that. His fridge is also stocked w/ yogurt, cheese stix, cottage cheese doubles and lots of bottled water and 7up. It's important right now that Bobs protein levels stay up as that helps the engraftment of the new stem cells. So he's really trying to eat well now, while he's feeling good.

Well, I better go, almost time to get this guy on the bike. UH-huh, he just said let me nap for 15 minutes than I'll get on....my kind of exercise man!!!

Thank you everyone for everything. We'll write soon.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad that shoe hasn't dropped yet, and that you are feeling up to eating and exercising.. we are on our way to another baseball game with mark.. patrick and friends , finished the senior video.. took two nights up till about 2am to get it done,, now they have to burn 700 copies by thurs.. half way done... Mo, did i tell you patrick is going to cal poly san luis obispo next year.. you can look it up if you're bored.. its a good hands on college.. he is getting excited about it and planning what to take.. so far, it's just his poster of kramer and a fog machine.. but we'll get there.. .
Dr. Mazzola...one day at a time.. so glad so far so good.. hang in there. eat well, and i'll continue my part with prayers.. mdf

May 27, 2007 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob and Mo,

I want say Happy Memorial Day. Spent the weekend so far working on garden beds and a graduation party. I have been working everyday since the beginning of May. I was so happy to a few days off. Mo, I still have your picture. I will hold for now.
Bob, keep on plugging along. I keep you in my prayers everyday. Can't wait to see you home again. Take care and you'll be there soon.
jean

May 27, 2007 11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bob,
Just back from the shore. We had a great time with the babies and as always it was so nice to have the whole family together. We had alot of fun. I'm thinking of you constantly and wishing you well. When we passed Penn on our 3hr. car ride home I thought of you and wished i could just "spring" you out of there. But you are where you need to be. Hopefully the stem cells are doing there work and engraftment will happen soon and you will be talking Dish. instructions. AMEN to that. You know we pray for you many times a day. Keep up with those trays and cuddos for exercising.
Love Joe and Debbie

May 28, 2007 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home