Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Another Late Admission Special

Well, it was another long day at HUP. We arrived in record time this am, at least by rush hour standards....went quickly thru admissions and down to IR. Bob had his Hickman catheter placed without incident, and I was visiting him in Recovery by 11:00am. He had a little lunch, and I had a little lunch at a street vendor, and we heard by 1pm the good news that he had a room on Rhoads 7, and than the bad news that the current occupant would not be leaving until 5pm. So Bob snoozed and read, and I snoozed(while sitting in a wheelchair) and did sudoku. The room was cleaned by 5:45p and we waited another 15 minutes for transport. When the nurse called them,and they said they would be another 20 mins., I got up and said I'm taking him to his room, I know the way, and put Bob in the wheelchair w/ his suitcases and cane. At that point one of the nurses took pity on us and said she would take Bob to his room.

He is in room 7008 this time around and it is one of the larger rooms reserved for the sct pts. Bob's also got a great view this time and a large bathroom w/ a handheld shower. Also a VCR, and mini-frig. And he actually had the TV turned on already!! I don't know if you remember but last admission he watched zero TV the whole time he was in.

So he's all settled in, and had some dinner. He's got a very sweet nurse and we already met the resident who was also very nice and very young and extremely polite. They weren't sure of the time the chemo was going to start. We were told it would be midnight tonight, but they didn't confirm that, so I won't know til I talk to Bob tomorrow.

And I'm gonna call it a night myself. My niece Meg is here tonight, and my brother went to Scranton today to pick up my parents. They're going to stay w/ me for a few weeks which will be good for them as well as me.



I'll write soon, and hopefully Bob will be writing too. Please keep those prayers and good vibes coming...this is just the beginning.




All our love,

Bob and Mo






4 Comments:

Blogger Kris McLay said...

Hello Dr. Bob and Miss Mo-
Another late admission special is right! I lol'd when I read the part about you finally getting the ball rolling by taking the wheelchair by the horns and threatening to wheel him up yourself. You show em, girl!

Glad to hear that you are in one of the bigger rooms. I'm wondering which view Dr. Bob will be enjoying? And what TV programs are you enjoying, Dr. Bob? Also, enquiring minds want to know, MO - which street vendor did you get lunch from and what did you have???

I am sending you my prayers and love this morning. In my mind's eye I am envisioning that chemo coursing through your bloodstream, doing it's thing.

K

May 19, 2007 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob and Mo,
As you are living in HUP time I am so glad you took the bull by the horns Mo......seems it was necessary and quite effective !
I had to re-educate myself to the wonderful world of blogging. I just posted a note to you on another page that I now think is out there in cyberspace somewhere. Hopefully I am on the right page now.
I am feeling really good vibes for you my wonderful brother-in-law, and with those good vibes go many many prayers.
Hopefully, you will see Bill and I tomorrow. Anything you need or forgot to bring ? Need any more dvd's ?? Let us know.
In the meatime , love you guys.
Anne

May 19, 2007 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're settled in and you have the hickman in place to do it's thing.. i had to also laugh at Kris's mention of wanting to know what you got from the street vendor.. ha.. funny how women minds narrow in on food items..
Hope you had a good day, relaxing, getting the chemo and enjoying something good on tv.. will be checking frequently.. mdf

May 19, 2007 5:50 PM  
Blogger charlie and dawn said...

May the force and the stem cells be with you.

May 26, 2007 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home