Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

All our bags are packed

Dear friends and family,

As the song goes all Bobs' bags are packed, though I'm not sure how ready to go he is. We've both had an anxious day today, so it's a good thing it was a busy one. We had a bunch of errands this morning, and Bobs nurse from Penn Home Infusion was here for her visit(Hi Kath, we're really gonna miss you these next few weeks). Than we had our air-conditioning check-up, and Bob packed up his laptop, CD's, games, toiletries etc., and I packed his clothes. We than had a very nice dinner out at the Mainland Inn w/ our best buds Deb and Joe T. Deb's been feeling a tiny bit better these past few days(your prayers are working) and I think even if she wasn't, would've pushed herself to get out for Bob. So I thank them for that, and always for being the best friends anyone could ever ask for.

So that was our day. We report to admissions at 9am tomorrow and Bobs' line is scheduled to be placed at 10am in Interventional Radiology(IR). From there he'll go to his room, and we're hoping that is early afternoon. But let's not forget we are moving to HUP world and every clock now runs on HUP time. Which basically means that if you have zero expectations you can't be disappointed. So when Bob said the transplant coordinator assured him there was a bed saved for him on Rhoads 7, I rolled my eyes, and thought to myself...you poor sap, you don't really believe that do you...just kidding, but not really. But I'll try to go with the flow at any rate.

Bob wanted to write, but he is pretty pooped right now, so I want to pass along his thanks to all who e-mailed, called and blogged(loved the cheer Miss K. and Bob really chuckled at that, but I think he liked your Black Panther salute better!) And of course thanks to all who remember us in your prayers. I know I've said it before, but we really are so blessed to have such wonderful support. You've definitely helped us to get this far, and I'm so thankful when I read you'll be "cheering us on" as we start this phase.

So that's all she wrote(for now). I'll try to blog at least every other day. I'm thinking that with the internet in the room, I'll be able to do it from there, and of course if Bobs feeling up to it, he'll be writing directly. We'll be in touch.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be thinking about you and hoping it all goes smoothy tomorrow.. prayers continue..mdf

May 18, 2007 1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you are always in our hearts and prayers!!! We both love you very much! If you need ANYTHING just let us know!!!!

May 18, 2007 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert and Mo,
You know we love you and we are here for anything. You Can Do This Bob !!!!! Love Joe and Deb

May 18, 2007 3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob, I keep you in my prayers everyday. They have definitely been kicked up a notch or two. I pray that you will sail through this and be home in a matter of time. Keep the faith.
love, jean

May 18, 2007 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home