Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day Plus 5

Well, Bob continues to do well. The MDs expect his counts to be at their nadir by the weekend.....the wbc was 0.9 today, and his hgb was just 9.0, platelets were 24,000. Bobs feeling a little punk, but still looked good, and still is eating well. I did chastise him for only riding the bike once yesterday though, and he ratted me out to Dr. Pearl, who took Bobs side and said he's tired b/c all the chemo is catching up w/ him and 7-8 mins a day on the bike is good.....so, I can't win. I just don't want him to lose ground while he's still feeling okay.

That's all for tonight. I want to call Bob once more tonight, and than I'm heading to bed. I've got an early car appt. in the am, so our sis-in-law Anne is going to visit Bob tomorrow. He really is lonesome on the days I'm not there, although so far I think there's only been one day when he hasn't had any company and that was yesterday. If anyone wants to visit, please call or write and let Bob or I know. A visit on Tuesdays would be most appreciated since that's my morning to play tennis which Bob (and my tennis partners) insists I keep up with.

Thank you everyone for all the blogs, prayers, e-mails, books, games, calls and good wishes. We appreciate everyones' thoughtfulness, and thank God for all of you every night.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, im sure gradual crumminess is okay.. just not a huge drop too fast.. glad you are still able to eat.. that is always a good sign...
Been busy with the end of year activities here.. last night was the baseball sports banquet.. that was fun.. mark won offensive player of the year! . we were just excited that he had made the varsity as a freshman! so that was really exciting for him..and tonight was the track and field one for Patrick who also lettered, and got a plaque that they gave to the seniors...tomorrow night is the senior dinner and video.. patrick and about 8 other kids were in lockdown last weekend working on it and editing it.. it's suppose to be funny, except the end where the seniors are all walking out.. this stuff always makes me teary... patrick said they got every senior to make one of those ipod commercials in it.. should be fun
okay,, thought i would write some of the things happening out here just to take your mind off of feeling crummy..even for a little minute..
i hope tomorrow stables out a little for you and you have a good day.. prayers continue..mdf

May 30, 2007 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Robert,

We are sitting in the chemo clinic since 7:30 waiting for a shot of viadaza. Does Hi-Point in Chalfont sound better and better? Waiting to see what my counts are -- so we may be able to come over and give a quick visit. I have to see for myself the "man of steel." You continue to do so well. We all hope that if you nadir this weekend that it will be short lived and not too difficult.

Hope to see you soon buddy.

Love,

Debbie

P. S. MayDay -- I love hearing the details of your life with Mark and Patrick. Doesn't time fly? Miss you.

May 31, 2007 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know we're keeping track of the blogs and sending our best thoughts your way...
Love,
Sarah and the Booth Family

June 01, 2007 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just letting you know I'm staying up to date and thinking of you often. Keep that positive thinking going...I am! Mom moves into Sunrise in Blue Bell on Monday. She's being a bit stubborn but then she is Mary Elizabeth, isn't she? We know it's a good thing for her. I tried a new medicine for my lovely cholesterol. It went UP! I told Dr. L she just wasn't accustomed to the Cash gene's. Not to worry!
I miss seeing you. It's been a long time. Stay strong, keep eating. If you're really bored email me. retiredd@verizon.net
Love, Donna D

June 01, 2007 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo, keep up your tennis, that is very important or when he is well he will run you ragged. I am swamped right now but thinking of givine myself a mental health day befor the end of the school year. I will aim for a Tuesday, although I would like to see you as well. Hopefully before leave. The news about Bob is great to hear. Keep up the good work and we will keep up the prayers. Love, Santa

June 01, 2007 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home