Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Day 14

Well, praise the Lord and pass the Clorox handiwipes..........Bob is coming home on Sunday. He had his Hickman catheter removed this am in radiology[scheduled for 8am and done by 8:20a]. His white count this am was 6.7 with an ANC of 4000.....these are normal results!!!! Bob hasn't had numbers like that since before the myelodysplasia. His platelets were also up over 40,000 and hgb was 9.9. He's doing laps around the nurses station and even did 2 flights of steps w/ PT today. This is such great news, but I can't help feeling like the roller coaster is going to go down a very steep hill any minute now. I guess I'm just not used to getting good news, or having it actually last for any length of time. But right now I am thanking God again for Bobs donor and definitely feel the need to send him another thank you card. Want to thank everyone of you out there too for all the support, and I'm thrilled to be able to share this happy news w/ you all.

I'm gonna end here...have had a long day, but I'll be going down tomorrow w/ my niece Kate[who lovingly volunteered to help me empty out Bobs room, though we don't have too much "stuff" this time around], and we'll write to you all than. Keep cool and have a great weekend.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Dr. Bob and Mo,
we just caught up with the incoming "good news" releases re Bob's fabulously successful recovery and imminent homecoming. Somehow, that St. George helped to slay those dragons!
As we said earlier, please let us know when you will be permitted to enjoy one of Aniko's home made dinners. In the meanwhile, keep on improving and safeguard your health.
George and Aniko

June 08, 2007 10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dr Bob and Mo,
I miss a few days and see what happens. I am doing the happy dance around here. Bob, you really are something. You must be so thrilled to be out in the world again. Home on Sunday. This is the best news.
I have spent the past few days at Abington Hospital with Mom. She had some chest discomfort. Spent some restless hours yesterday, today much better as I was able to bring her home. She did not have any issues with her stress test. We will sleep much better tonight. The nurses who took care of mom were great. Caring, knowledgeable and wonderful. Reminds me of a few other nurses I know.

June 08, 2007 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jean is that you up there? I'm so sorry about your Mom. Hope she's doing better, and you both have a good weekend.

Love, Mo

June 09, 2007 12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee! Hallelujah! and Praise the Lord! Wow. That seemed quick. What wonderful news. Way to show 'em, Mazzola. I'm so happy for you guys. Mo, how's your neck? Should be a nice day to come home. Enjoy. Mussie

June 09, 2007 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO ROBERT AND MO--I WONDER IF YOU'RE GETTING THIS!!!AM SO GLAD TO HEAR YOURE IMPROVING--HANG IN THERE--THE WORST MUST BE OVER!!LOUISE

August 10, 2007 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home