Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Tough Update

Hi all,

Well, as my gal Deb used to say, it's a bad news day for the bears. Bob has had a rapid deterioration in the last 2 days and I'm here to ask for continued prayers and good vibes. Over the last 2 weeks, he's had more problems with coughing and choking and that put a damper on his appetite. I think that in turn has made him weak again and affected his breathing, so that he needs morphine to breathe comfortably. Even though he's only had 3 doses over the last 48 hrs. he has become lethargic and unable to eat or drink anything today. He answers me with one word responses...negatory on the pain/shortness of breath issues...then quickly drifts back to sleep. Well, I'm not going to get into all the physiology here, just wanted to let you know he's had a decline...again. I say that b/c he's bounced back before....I think he's on his 4th life at this point...and I hope and pray he will again. We were so hoping to get him to his niece Donata's wedding on the 18th this month. So, one day at a time.

With love and thanks,
Mo and Bob

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bob and Mo..thinking of you and praying for comfort

Jim and Carolyn

May 09, 2013 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Karen Bennie said...

DIdnt hear anything for awhile and was hoping for best..will keep you both in my prayers....

May 09, 2013 6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly called me on my way into work this morning. Prayers have been said all day. I will continue to pray for both Bob and you. Jean

May 09, 2013 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Bonnie Humphries said...

Prayers and comfort for you and Bob..
Hugs and prayers surrounding you both always..
Bonnie

May 09, 2013 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi mo..kelly was telling me about this today and i have prayed so many times for bob and you and others...hope those prayers hold you up! Brenda

May 09, 2013 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear this Mo. You and Bob are in my prayers.Hope to hear he is doing better. Mary Ann F

May 09, 2013 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo,
Hang in there as best as you can and I am praying for whatever God wants in this situation.
Trish

May 10, 2013 8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always we understand that you must put Bob and your needs first. We would love to have you there as you know, but it would take strength from him to attend and he needs his strength. You are both in our hearts and prayers. Love Santa and Sam

May 10, 2013 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home