Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Hi everyone,

That is, if anyone is still out there. You all must think I've given up blogging for Lent, lol! Nope, just busy and when I think of blogging it seems I am not near the computer. Also I wrote a long post on the kindle about a week ago and lost it somewhere in cyberspace, which was really frustrating, and then I gave up. So, blah, blah, blah! On to Bob.

Our guy's doing swell. Still eating well and has been working on some exercises to get himself stronger. He's done so well in fact, that he was downstairs this weekend! He was able to walk from his bed to the stair chair and then from the stair chair to the kitchen on Saturday, where he sat for 2 hrs. and played poker w/ our friends Y & L. Yesterday our bro. and s-i-l, Bill and Anne came up for the afternoon and brought Skyfall, which both Bob and I really enjoyed. Needless to say we have not been to the movies in a very long time, so it will be nice now that Bob can watch dvd's downstairs. I got netflix on my kindle for him to watch in bed, but some movies just need to be seen on the big screen. We're now anxiously awaiting The Hobbit and Lincoln. Right now Bob is jawing w/ one of his former LMG partners, Dr. M who's visiting. He also had lots of company last week when I worked a half day Wed. and a full ten hours on Friday. So many, many thanks to Joan and Bob M. who were here on Wed. and Friday was covered by 3 shifts and I thank my old ICU pal Kelly M, sister Santa and cousin Candy, and once again, our friends Y and L. As always, I say we are so blessed and would be nowhere w/o our dear family and friends.

And you didn't think I would close w/o writing about food, did you?? I can't b/c I must thank Santa and Candy for buying out Carlino's last Friday....prosciutto, 3 different cheeses, 3 different salads, bread, balsamic vinegar, olives, salami...oh my gosh!! You didn't leave anything in the store for the poor people who went in after you!! And Anne and Bill came bearing pasta(enough so that I won't need to cook all week), salad, bread and dessert. I would name the pasta, but I have no idea how to spell it...Bill are you there? But it's another family favorite, made by Bill yesterday, who says it's not quite the same as Catherine's. Now I never tasted my Mother-in-laws' but I don't know how it could have been better than Bills' which made me swoon...a delicious baked blend of pasta, meat, cheeses, zucchini and sauce....mmmmmmm! And I think since the last time I wrote we also received some delicious shrimp fried rice and a yummy bread pudding from Mrs. A, thank you very much! Oh and Megan made a banana toffee pie that was to die for...incredibly rich and sweet and of course, it being Lent I only ate that on Sunday...right, I wish. So as you can see, Bob is not lacking in strength for want of nourishment! And now back to my laundry which is like some magical fairytale laundry...it never seems to end!!! Meg is coming over w/ the kids whom I plan to smother with hugs and kisses cuz I haven't seen them in 2 weeks!!

Thank you to all for your continued support, calls, cards and prayers. All are truly appreciated!

All our love,
Bob and Mo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Donna Dawson said...

so glad things are going well. think about you guys every day! Sending good vibes and prayers your way.
Donna D.

March 11, 2013 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Karen Bennie said...

Yeah..sounds Like Dr Bob is getting good care at home:) Glad he is eating, seeing friends, and getting around a Little..whatever you are doing, keep on dong it..take care! Karen:)

March 11, 2013 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home