Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Friday, February 15, 2013

He's hanging tough!!

Hi everyone,

Well, this has been a week of ups and downs....usually bad nights and good days. However, currently, all's right with the world, b/c Matthew Mazzola is at Bob's bedside! Always the apple of his Father's eye, Matt has trekked up fom Tenn. to be with him. As I write this, they are both having a good convo with our aide Theresa, who is a wonderful person and knows how to give a mean bad-bath...so she is A-OK in my book!

Anyway, Bob is stable right now. He's eating and drinking small amounts, and his vital signs are good. But he's having more trouble with his breathing and generalized pain and needs morphine about 3 times/day. He's too weak to walk more than a few steps, but is comfortable in the hospital bed.

I relay all your messages of love, prayers, and encouragement and it touches, and I think, surprises him to know so many people are thinking of him. When I tell him, "so and so is praying for you", he says, "good, that's good. Thank them for me." So I thank you all, for everything, on Bob's behalf and my own. I hope to keep in touch more often now that Matt's here. God Bless you all for seeing us through thus far.

All our love,
Bob and Mo

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Maureen and Bob, May God continue to bless you in this time of illness. I will continue to remember you at Mass. Love and prayers, Joe Lacey, S.J.

February 15, 2013 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Karen Bennie said...

Hi..so glad his son came to visit..it will do them both good..still in my thoughts and prayers..still praying for a mircale...Bob is so lucky to have you, and as well u have been blessed to have his love..my best to both of you:) Karen

February 15, 2013 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Karen Bennie said...

Hi..so glad his son came to visit..it will do them both good..still in my thoughts and prayers..still praying for a mircale...Bob is so lucky to have you, and as well u have been blessed to have his love..my best to both of you:) Karen

February 15, 2013 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry dont know why that came on 2X

February 15, 2013 7:34 PM  
Blogger mo said...

Thank you Joe. I'll relay your message to Bob. And Karen honey, no worries and thanks for still haning in there with us.

February 15, 2013 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughts & prayers are with you both. Shirley B.

February 17, 2013 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home