Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hup visit

Charlie drove me to hup on mon., his luck held and we were in and out in 90 min..i still do not have all the bone marrow results, specfically the graft %. the bone marrow was normal, no evidence of leukemia or my other disease- myloid dysplasia. the blood counts are normal. i did have a reoccurence of the viral infection[cmv] but they started treatment for that a week ago and my blood titer is now zero, so in another week i will be able to stop the antiviral medication. one of my other problems is the return of the skin reaction of host vs. graft. i have a mottled skin that does not itch or bother me, but it bothers the docs. they increased my steroids [ that does not make me happy ] and are adding a new drug to slow down the reaction and eventually reduce my steroids. although these problems are important, they are not serious and do not bother me. what really bothers me and causes most of my discomfort is the 'shakes' causedby the antirejection medication cyclosporin. i need 2 hands to hold acup of coffee, and my writing is atrocious. they are readjusting the dosage and checking the blood level twice a week. if they get this under control then iwould feel better. as soon as ihear about the marrow i will post it. thank you for your prayers. bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home