Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Back at Calverton Court

Dear friends and family,

First, I want to thank everyone for your prayers for Debbie. I know you've been praying b/c Debbie is better than when I wrote last...in medical parlance--holding her own---- with stable counts and improved liver function tests. She is a true wonder....and wonder woman! Please follow their blog for Joes' updates as I'm not sure how long we will be offline because we are moving back home.

Actually we are moved in already, but b/c the new box springs wouldn't fit up our stairs, we are still at Jacobs Woods until tomorrow. Also needed to tie up loose ends here. As I just wrote to my sis-in-law, Murphys Law has ruled the move. Maybe I'll rant and rave in another blog someday. Right now I'm too tired. We haven't gotten in before 9p the last 3 nights(thanks in big part to Sleepys!...just a little rant) But we believe we see the light at the end of the tunnel, so we are doing our best to hang in there. And that's in large part to everyones prayers. We thank you again for all the love and support. I'll say once more how blessed we are to have such kind, caring people in our lives. And how truly lucky we are to be alive. Our angels were working overtime on January 3rd. Thank you and God Bless.

All our love,
Mo and Bob

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I haven't blogged in a long time but I read this blog and Debby's each and every day. You are in my thoughts & prayers and I am so glad you are back home and hope the move is painless. I had the same experience with Sleepy's last year, the box spring would not go up my stairs, so they had to bring a split box spring - the very same day. So, hope you don't have a problem voting with 2 addresses, maybe you can vote 2x.
Ann M.

October 31, 2008 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mo + Bob,
How wonderful that you both are back in your own home.Love and prayers for you both to have much health and happiness in your "new" Calverton home:)
ps How about our PHILLIES!!! It was an awesome few weeks watching them play + then winning the World Series!!

November 01, 2008 8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mo and Bob great news you are moved back in i think of you both alot and would love to see you both love linda and bill and laura

November 11, 2008 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back. I think of you often. I know Dr. Truscott probably told you my Mom passed away in September. She was just done I think. So tired and not really enjoying anything. But she knew us and was "with us" except for the last 2 days when she just slept. Hospice was wonderful and helped us all. So glad you are back home. That should ease some stress. always in my prayers.
Donna D.

December 02, 2008 12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure you check this blog, but Happy Birthday. What a memory I have.

Have a great day and put that Villanova hat on.

March 31, 2009 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home